AG College News
Evangel University announces 2013 Founders Scholars
Founders Scholarships are the highest academic scholarships the Evangel University awards. Two full-tuition and 10 half-tuition scholarships are awarded annually to students who have consistently demonstrated their commitment to Christ and to high academic achievement. Candidates must also demonstrate church, school and community-related involvement and display strong Christian character.
Full-tuition Founders Scholars for 2013
- Joel Manzi, son of Mark and Katherine Manzi of Cincinnati, Ohio, is a 2013 graduate of Princeton High School. He plans to major in biology.
- Jeremy Sparks, son of Randall and Monica Sparks of Plainfield, Ill., is a 2013 graduate of Plainfield High School. He plans to major in pre-engineering.
Half-tuition Founders Scholars for 2013
- Kaelin Brueseke, daughter of Alan and Tammy Brueseke of Fenton, Mo., is a 2013 graduate of Rockwood Summit High School. She plans to major in nursing/healthcare.
- Katherine Crank, daughter of Karl and Kathleen Crank of Bowie, Md., is a 2013 graduate of Eleanor Roosevelt High School. She plans to major in environmental science.
- Jordan Deese, son of David and Sharon Deese of Troy, Ill., is a 2013 graduate of Triad High School. He plans to major in history.
- Sarah Elam, daughter of Jim and Vicki Elam of Springfield, Mo., is a 2013 graduate of Gloria Deo Academy. Her major is undecided at this time.
- Kellen Gillaspy, son of Gregg Gillaspy of Clinton, Mo., and Lori Choate of Edina, Mo., is a 2013 graduate of Knox County R-1 High School. He plans to major in music.
- Rachel Girdler, daughter of Rev. Joe and Dr. Renee Girdler of Crestwood, Ky., is a 2013 graduate of South Oldham High School. She plans to major in social work.
- Olivia Heegeman, daughter of David and Melissa Heegeman of Marshfield, Wis., is a 2013 graduate of Marshfield Senior High School. She plans to major in pre-medicine.
- Morgan Kensinger, daughter of Dena Kensinger of Fair Grove, Mo., is a 2013 graduate of Fair Grove R-10 High School. She plans to major in biology.
- Patrick McGuire, son of Shaun and Annemarie McGuire of Algonquin, Ill., is a 2013 graduate of Harvest Christian Academy. He plans to major in communication.
- Haley Osborne, daughter of Richard and Krista Osborne of Riverdale, N.J., is a 2013 graduate of Pompton Lakes High School. She plans to be an education major.
“We are excited to have this group of outstanding students join our campus community this fall,” said Dr. Andy Denton, vice president for enrollment management.
“Since our first Founders Scholars arrived on campus in the fall of 2006, we have seen remarkable students, such as these, positively impact the university. They have provided valuable leadership, achieved great academic success and graduated from Evangel with honors,” he said.
To be eligible for a Founders Scholarship, candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.8 and at least a 30 or higher on the ACT or a 1330 or higher on the combined critical reading and math portions of the SAT.
“Over the next four years, full-tuition Founders Scholarships will be worth approximately $80,000 and half-tuition $40,000,” Denton said. “Founders Scholarships are renewable for four years, as long as the student maintains the eligibility requirements.”
For additional information about the scholarship winners, contact Angela Dense at (417) 865-2815, ext. 7346.