The website for receiving recommendations and applications for the president of the consolidated Evangel University is now live. It may be accessed through dingman.com. Click on "Searches" then "Non-Profit."
The posted Opportunity Profile outlines criteria for the new president as well as providing information on the university. The Boards of Directors of the three schools (Central Bible College, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary and Evangel University) have chosen the Dingman Company of Westlake Village, California, to assist in the search for the president.
All nominations and applications are confidential. Plans are to have a president-elect in place beginning the fall semester of 2013, contingent on approval for consolidation by the Higher Learning Commission.
Criteria for this position include the following:
* Professional Academic Competency. The candidate should possess an earned terminal degree from an accredited institution.
* Church and Ministry Experience. The candidate should possess spiritual maturity and Christian character demonstrated in holy living, hold membership in an Assemblies of God Church and be an advocate of Pentecostal spirituality in the academic environment.
* Vision Casting through Public Relations and Communications. The candidate should be passionate about the mission of EU and be able to clearly communicate the mission to all constituencies.
* Leadership. The candidate should be a team builder and a coalition maker, facilitating the processes of institutional governance.
* Advancing the Institution through Fundraising and Development. The candidate should have the ability to cultivate good relationships with alumni and donors and possess the ability to raise funds.
Evangel University, controlled by the General Council of the Assemblies of God, is committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to become Spirit-empowered servants of God who impact the church and society globally.